Solved

Identify identical consecutive values in a period

Badge +3

Hi,

I have meter data that is currently processed by FME into 15 minutes values, 96 values being in one day.

I have been asked to identify if there are 3 or more identical values in the 02:00 - 04:00 that would be the same, as this may prove that the meter has flatlined and is no longer recording the flow.

I've not done this before - can anyone please suggest any FME workflow which might identify identical consecutive values and add a value to an attribute? I attach some test data whilst I try and figure it out myself.

Cheers

N

icon

Best answer by nedwaterman 7 April 2020, 14:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

This process would return all the instances where the value is the 3rd or more duplicate value in a row. Would require a bit more development if you wanted to return all the values in the duplicated sequence

If you wanted to return all values that form part of a duplicate run of 3 or more, you could use the following in an attributecreator instead

3adjacent.fmwt

Badge +3

Hi ebygomm (cool alias by the way,tickled me)

That's wonderful, thank you. I only need to calculate by date (ie if it runs over into the next day it's nt a problem). Is that possible?

Cheers

N

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Hi ebygomm (cool alias by the way,tickled me)

That's wonderful, thank you. I only need to calculate by date (ie if it runs over into the next day it's nt a problem). Is that possible?

Cheers

N

To start afresh each date, you would just need to introduce an additional condition to check that the date is the same as the previous value. 

Use an attribute creator to create a new attribute holding the Date only

@DateTimeFormat(@Value(DTT),%Y%m%d)d

Then add some additional tests

0684Q00000ArMX3QAN.png

Badge +3

Hi ebygomm (cool alias by the way,tickled me)

That's wonderful, thank you. I only need to calculate by date (ie if it runs over into the next day it's nt a problem). Is that possible?

Cheers

N

Sorted! Great stuff - thanks for your help.