Question

How to convert agriculture crops field from 3 band high resolution satellite image (Raster) to ESRI shapefile (Vector)?

• 24 December 2017
  • 1 reply

As all we are know there is two type of raster: 1) color raster (e.g. satellite Image) and 2) numeric raster (e.g. DEM). I am find in FME, there is tutorial available for converting numeric raster (DEM) to polygon but I want to precisely converting agriculture crops field which is almost rectangle shape from satellite Image to polygon.

Until here, i am segmented NIR image by using new tools in ArcMap Segment Mean Shift. out put of that 8 bit RGB image which has mean value of input RGB NIR image based on spatial and spectral parameter. Now in FME, i want to make pure shapefile of natural rectangle shapes like field in image. i think there is fme raster expression which can done my job. Now in FME i have to design expression based on segmented raster value RGB and once again they marge apropriyetly and make pure one rectangle segment.. Last using RasterToPolygonCoercer we should achieve our goal.

Attached file “Sample_Data.rar” has 2 sample file: 1. Originals Image (NIR_Originals.tif) 2. Segmented Image (Segmented.tif). Thanks

1 reply

Badge +2

FME doesn't really include a raster feature extraction algorithm. Also, I doubt that the RasterExpressionEvalutor would be sufficient for the Segment Mean Shift, as this is a recursive algorithm. If you want to use FME to automate the segment mean shift, then I think your options are: