Question

Update the metadata for Dynamic workspace

• 21 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi Guys

I'm following the instruction in this article to manage metadata (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/22583/working-with-geodatabase-metadata-writing-to-xml.html )

I'm going to do the same process through lots of folders so I tried to make the workspace dynamic so that I do not know what type of feature readers and writers are. when I want to run the workspace it's failed to run. Do you guys any idea how we can process the updating creating metadata once we are transferring them to a specific geodatabase.

my workspace :

1 reply

Badge +6

Hello @davekazemi,

I see you are looking to update Metadata for a Geodatabase where you won't know the feature types ahead of time. Are you trying to Writer Features + Metadata, or just the metadata?

If just the Metadata, I suspect you may want to have a Geodatabase_File Reader rather than a Generic Reader. By setting the Reader to read the Metadata Features, this will provide you with the existing XML, using the XMLUpdater you can alter it as needed. From there you would be writing back to the GDB(likely as an update although it may be a straight create). This would be more of a FeatureType fanout(Feature Type name = @Value(fme_feature_type), with the Geometry set to geodb_metadata.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you are trying to do both Features + Metadata.