Solved

Create Geometry from XML (GML)

• 21 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I am trying to create geometry from a coordinate list in GML but it does not work with the GeometryReplacer (GML). I don't know if I did anything wrong with exposing the XML attribute containing the geo or if the format is the problem.

The following template contains the workspace and the XML source. The coordinates are stored in the XML tag "Building.geometry2D.BuildingGeometry2D.geometry.Polygon.exterior.LinearRing.posList

Thanks in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by itay 21 March 2019, 19:35

View original

6 replies

Badge +16

Hi @kasparlov,

Use the xml_fragment attribute in the GeometryReplacer, this will work like a charm.

Itay

Badge +7

Hi @kasparlov,

Use the xml_fragment attribute in the GeometryReplacer, this will work like a charm.

Itay

It does work but the xml_fragment only contains one point coordinate. I want to create polygon features from the "....posList" attribute that contains multiple coordinates.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

It does work but the xml_fragment only contains one point coordinate. I want to create polygon features from the "....posList" attribute that contains multiple coordinates.

There doesn't appear to be any polygon geometry within your xml, only points...

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

What @itay describes works very well, just use a GeometryFilter to split the points from the areas, as they are hard to find.

Badge +7

What @itay describes works very well, just use a GeometryFilter to split the points from the areas, as they are hard to find.

Thank you, that works beautifully!

Badge +3

@kasparlov

The member file wich is 564087.xml. Is zipped with fonts.

The canvas does not recognise it as a gml, which it is.

If you pull out the 564087.xml and put it on the canvas and choose gml, you get the geometry.

No geometryreplacer or anything needed.