Question

Issues "transposing" a table in FME

Badge

Hello, I am having some issues getting the proper format of a table I am trying to transpose. I attempted a couple of methods using the FMEHub AttributeTransposer and did not get the required results. If you see it is almost a half transpose, I need to get the records in the first sheet to line up like the records in the second sheet in the attached spreadsheet . I have hit a roadblock.

5 replies

Badge +2

There is a video tutorial. I've done it a few times and it works fairly well.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/31701/transpose-a-table-using-fme.html

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

This is how I would approach this

1. Create a the new attribute named according to the Filter type
  2. Aggregate the records based on the name
  3. Expose the newly created attributes
  4. Remove the now unneeded filter attributes

You probably also want a null attribute mapper if you want missing values to be set to 0

Badge

This is how I would approach this

1. Create a the new attribute named according to the Filter type
  2. Aggregate the records based on the name
  3. Expose the newly created attributes
  4. Remove the now unneeded filter attributes

You probably also want a null attribute mapper if you want missing values to be set to 0

Thank you for the help! I cannot tell what I am doing wrong here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Thank you for the help! I cannot tell what I am doing wrong here?

In the attribute creator you have not selected the Filter type attribute correctly, you need to use the drop down arrow, and choose attribute value, then choose filter type. It should then display as @Value(FILTER_TYPE)
Badge
In the attribute creator you have not selected the Filter type attribute correctly, you need to use the drop down arrow, and choose attribute value, then choose filter type. It should then display as @Value(FILTER_TYPE)

Oh jeez, Amazing! Thanks so much.