Solved

Decode IOT dataframe

• 16 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I think this can be done using FME, but I'm not sure where to start... I'm looking for a way to decode IOT dataframes. I attached the documentation, not sure what to do more because I really don't know where to start. Can anyone give me a pointer?

icon

Best answer by jkr_wrk 18 March 2020, 15:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I had a quick look at the pdf, and honestly it looks like a job for Python.

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

I figured it out.

In the CSV is one field with a HexValue. This value can contain up to 4 messages of 16 bits long. The bit-length of the field is 64.

First we use the BaseConverter to show the binary value. Then figure out how much padding to use so all zerro's are restored. Then split the attribute to 4 messages. Each 16 bits long and explode them to indiviual messages.

These messages have a 2 bit header (00/01/10/11) and a 14 bit data value. The 14 Bit data value can be converted back to an integer with the BaseConverter.

hexdatatonumber.fmwt

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I figured it out.

In the CSV is one field with a HexValue. This value can contain up to 4 messages of 16 bits long. The bit-length of the field is 64.

First we use the BaseConverter to show the binary value. Then figure out how much padding to use so all zerro's are restored. Then split the attribute to 4 messages. Each 16 bits long and explode them to indiviual messages.

These messages have a 2 bit header (00/01/10/11) and a 14 bit data value. The 14 Bit data value can be converted back to an integer with the BaseConverter.

hexdatatonumber.fmwt

Great! Thanks!