Question

Knowledge Center Updates and some Upcoming Work

• 31 August 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME'ers,

You might have noticed that we've just had an update to the knowledge centre backend today. The main improvement is this button:

If you use that in a search then the results are saved. That means when you click on a result you get this:

So to browse through a set of results you no longer need to use the back button on your browser and keep clicking back and forth, you can use these Previous/Next buttons instead.

Also - I've noticed a few topic definitions that need cleaning up. Unfortunately when I clean up topics on a question, that question gets catapulted to the top of the list.

So, I'm going to take time this weekend to clean up these topics. It means that old questions will appear back on the recent list, but I'm hoping that since it's a weekend, relatively few of you will be affected.

If you've posted an important question and need to get it back on top of the list, just make a minor edit and you should see it back there.

I should also mention that it's a long weekend here in North America, so Safe staff will be offline on Monday. We may also be off partying on Tuesday because that's when our children all go back to school (just joking)!!!

2 replies

Badge +9

Very handy, I would never of noticed that. Had to try it out for myself...it works! :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Very good changes :)