Question

Spatial Relator not include Boundary

• 15 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I would like to know how to get the result from Spatial Relator without touching boundary between Parcel and Zones. Below attached image is my Workspace with Takashi's helping.

I want to find Planning Zone which is overlapping Parcel. But the result includes Planning Zone which is overlapping boundary between two as attached.

==============================================================================

Result for Parcel(SPI) 140A\\PP2159

• Found Planning Zone : 622730 (It is not expected)
  • Found Planning Zone : 622729 (It is expected)

==============================================================================

Result for Parcel(SPI) A\\PS439634

• Found Planning Zone : 598611 (It is not expected)
  • Found Planning Zone : 586792 (It is expected)

• Found Planning Zone : 586224 (It is not expected)

I will much appreciate if I can have any idea to have the right result.

Thanks,

Jason Jung

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Firstly make sure which spatial relation(s) you need to detect. Does the test "Requestor Overlaps Supplier" match your intention correctly? As far as I see your screenshots, I'm wondering that "Requestor is Within Supplier" is needed. Am I wrong?

See here to learn more: Spatial Relations Defined

Badge

Firstly make sure which spatial relation(s) you need to detect. Does the test "Requestor Overlaps Supplier" match your intention correctly? As far as I see your screenshots, I'm wondering that "Requestor is Within Supplier" is needed. Am I wrong?

Thanks your quick replaying. And let you know a parcel might overlap multiple zones. That reason is why I need to use "Overlaps" not "Within".

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

OK. You can choose both "Requestor Overlaps Supplier" and "Requestor is Within Supplier" (and also "Requestor Contains Supplier" if it's a possible situation) to detect your desired spatial relations. i.e. "Intersect" except "Touch".

However, I think you still need to make sure that there aren't small (invisible) overlaps on the adjacent boundaries.

Badge

Thanks Takashi, I would like to know how to shrink size of polygon because I am thinking for excluding small overlaps on the adjacent boundaries.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

HI @jasonjungict, just set a negative value to the Buffer Amount parameter.