Solved

2016 vs 2017 Feature Reader Envelope Intersect Envelope, why the difference?

• 19 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am running a simple workspace in 2017 and 2016.1. Read Shapefile, bounding box accumulator and feature reader, with spatial filter on WMS.

The process works fine in 2017, but in 2016 with the exact parameters, transformers and variables will not clip the full extent,

simply when the envelope is applied the URL request is something along the lines of BBOX=xmin,ymin, xmax, ymax,

2017 works fine the the variables are correct in the request URL, however in 2016, the bounding box coordinates in URL are that of the WMS. Again everything is identical between the two workbenches except for the result.

icon

Best answer by lars_de_vries 29 March 2018, 09:38

View original

3 replies

Badge
it is very frustrating, I might just dynamically build the URL myself by using the Get Extents transformer. again this is not preferred at all.

Badge +10

Can you tell us why it must work in FME2106 as well? If you want it to work in an older version as well, I would always advice to build the workspace in the older version, making sure that you don't have issues with backward compatibility, like you seem to have now.

Off course it is possible to build the URL dynamically using the parameters from the boundingbox, you could use the BoundsExtractor for that. The advantage is that you'll have a solid URL that always will make the same request.

Badge

Can you tell us why it must work in FME2106 as well? If you want it to work in an older version as well, I would always advice to build the workspace in the older version, making sure that you don't have issues with backward compatibility, like you seem to have now.

Off course it is possible to build the URL dynamically using the parameters from the boundingbox, you could use the BoundsExtractor for that. The advantage is that you'll have a solid URL that always will make the same request.

I just ended up building the URL dynamically.