Question

Subscription Error: Unexpected value "\\\\path\\*.csv" for parameter "value," expected list

• 23 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a schedule that runs fine using a wildcard to find the source files.

Rather than running the workspace every 10 minutes I would like to set up a directory watch (or similar) to trigger the workspace to run.

When creating the subscription I get this error: Unexpected value "$(a)/ServiceOrders/FME/NotificationDefectsExport*.csv" for parameter "value," expected list

The issue appears to be using a wildcard in the source file of a subscription.

I have tried with both UNC source path and by setting up a resource in FME Server.

Permissions are not an issue as the workspace runs fine on a schedule.

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @amc,

Are you able to share a screenshot of how your schedule is set up, showing the workspace parameters specified there?

What is the $(a) referring to?

With the directory watch publication, do you want that to run and read in all csvs in that location, or just process the one csv at a time that is added to the directory?
Badge

Hi @jlutherthomas

This is the schedule set up:

If I try adding the same parameter to a subscription I get the ‘unexpected value’ error.

That is when I set up set up a resource to see if that made a difference, that is the $a you see on the subscription.

I would expect the directory watch to process one csv at a time, but only csv’s matching the naming convention ‘NotificationDefectsExport*.csv’. There will be other csv’s in the same location that I do not want this workspace to process.

Badge

There was something wrong with the subscription. I deleted the subscription, created a new subscription (exactly the same) and now it validates.