Solved

line direction at intersections

Badge

Hi All, i have a stormwater pipe network with flow direction (digitised direction) . Im trying to check for instances were all pipes are either all coming together or all flowing away from each other at an intersection. (like the picture attached or the opposite of the picture attached where they all flow away from the intersection. I have tried using the polylineAnalyzer (vertex output) ,also decomposing the lines to their first and last node and intersecting them but i cant quite crack it! Any help or suggestions would be greatly received. maybe im on the wrong track.. Many Thanks again, Steve

icon

Best answer by takashi 17 May 2016, 07:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @goatboy, send all the network lines to the TopologyBuilder.

The resulting nodes have a list called "_node_angle{}.fme_arc_id" that contains IDs of connected edges. A positive ID indicates that the edge starts from the node, and a negative ID indicates that the edge ends at the node.

Then, extract min and max of the list elements with the ListRangeExtractor. If the min is positive, all the connected edges flow out from the node. If the max is negative, all the connected edges flow into the node.

Badge

Hi @goatboy, send all the network lines to the TopologyBuilder.

The resulting nodes have a list called "_node_angle{}.fme_arc_id" that contains IDs of connected edges. A positive ID indicates that the edge starts from the node, and a negative ID indicates that the edge ends at the node.

Then, extract min and max of the list elements with the ListRangeExtractor. If the min is positive, all the connected edges flow out from the node. If the max is negative, all the connected edges flow into the node.

Thanks again @takashi, finally got there in the end with a long chain of snippers, list builders, list duplicate removers and element counters and tester....... very long winded . Your solution is much more useful and elegant (as always) . Many Thanks, Steve