Solved

Bulk attribute rename problem

• 21 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello, in FME 2015 I have used @takashi solution to creating attribute names from one column value and populate those attributes with values from another column (http://fme-memorandum-takashi.blogspot.cz/2013/07/bulkattributerenamer.html)

Basically if I use the bulkattributerenamer this way in FME 2016 NOTHING changes, output data look the same as input data, while in FME 2015 it does work, as shown in the images bellow.

However this seems to not work in FME 2016.0 and above - I have tested it in 2016.0 and 2016.1.2

Here is what my data look like:

This is how the data look like when I transform them in FME 2015:

This is how I have bulkattributerenamer setup:

I have no idea what I am doing wrong as this seems to work ONLY in FME 2015. Any help is really welcome.

Thanks,

Radek

EDIT: I have attached a zip file with workspace and sample data.

icon

Best answer by takashi 21 October 2016, 10:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

What does the result look like in FME 2016:

• In the Inspector?
  • In the output dataset?
Badge

Here is the workspace mentioned: workspace.zip

Badge

What does the result look like in FME 2016:

• In the Inspector?
  • In the output dataset?
I have uploaded a sample workspace.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @drakez, it should work theoretically, but as you observed, didn't work in FME 2016 indeed. Looks like the BulkAttributeRenamer (regex mode) in FME 2016 has an issue. As an interim workaround, try this setting instead.

Text to Find: .+
Userlevel 4

Hi @drakez, it should work theoretically, but as you observed, didn't work in FME 2016 indeed. Looks like the BulkAttributeRenamer (regex mode) in FME 2016 has an issue. As an interim workaround, try this setting instead.

Can confirm, weird behaviour.

Was also able to reproduce the problem with .* using FME 2017 build 17151.
Badge

Seems that the issue is in using the regex itself. I have managed to fix it too by using this setting (denoting start of the string)

^.*