Question

remove duplicate id at first attribute and change any value in second attribute for new values that contains the same value of id

• 13 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +13

input

required output

i have duplicate ,same many id in first column

for each duplicate has different values in attribuute world

as input excel

for id 400 has 1,2,7

so i want to extract one id from the duplicated one id called 400 for the three duplicated id and in front of this id 1,2,7 change all values in attribute world that contains 1,2,7 to new value for any id not included in world attribute

then chack again if we have another duplicate value in id attribute ,

same method ,extract one id as 267 and it contains 3,11 in attribute world so change any value in attribute world to new value for any id

so i want to check at first column if i have duplicate of id in first column so i want to extract only one id from duplicate and it contains 3,11 so change any value in world attribute than contains 3,11 for any value to new value not in cluded in world attribute

i mentioned in color background ,what i need to do exactly .

iam not sure how to do that,i hope someone suggests me good idea.

Thanks alot

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gogopotter90, if I understand your requirement correctly, this workspace example might help you.

example.fmwt (FME 2018.1)

But I don't know why the "3" in the line of ID = 223 wasn't changed in your example...

Badge +13

Hi @gogopotter90, if I understand your requirement correctly, this workspace example might help you.

example.fmwt (FME 2018.1)

But I don't know why the "3" in the line of ID = 223 wasn't changed in your example...

u r perfect ,tahnks alot .sry i forgot to change number 3 to new value but what u did ,what i need exactly.Thanks alot for ur help