Question

tackle unwanted protrusion (simplify polyline)

• 28 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Dear reader,

I'm trying to simplify a polyline. The image below shows the area's which I would like to transform in such a way that it becomes the shortest line. (Instead of these unwanted protusions). First I used an anchoredsnapper to create the line resulating in the image below. Using different snapping distances creates (unwanted) prostusions on different locations. In trying to solve this problem I used different generalizers (SherbendGeneralizer and the regular Generalizer). However, that did not help. Could anybody suggest a different approach?

Thanks in advance,

Adriaan.

2 replies

Badge +2

@abce If you can attach a small sample of the data and perhaps the workspace you've been experimenting with that would give members of the community something to work with.

fme-communityfiles.zip

@markatsafe I have uploaded a small sample of the files I have been working with. In addition I made use of the AnchoredSnapper (SegmentSnapping option with different Snapping Distance). The Wegen data is used as the anchor and the Waterroad data is used as the canidate. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.