Question

AttributeFilter doesn't show format attributes

• 30 January 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge
Dear FME community,

with the AttributeFilter I can successfully route features to different output ports, depending on the value of an attribute. Is there a way to add output ports for the format attribute fme_basename as well?

I have some Excel files read from a directory, but if I activate the sign on "Show format attributes", it doesn't show any format attributes. Is there a trick on how to add the filename of the Excel files as an transformer port?

Kind regards

Thomas

5 replies

Badge +3
At the select source dataset you must first select

Format: Microsoft Excel and

Dataset: the directory where your excellfiles reside.

When u klick next..it will read all excel datasets and you can import the names as choicelist.

If u enter a excelfile full path, it will only see that one  and you get no choices.
Badge +3
you must use advanced browser to pick directory (directories)
Badge +3
and btw, this thing is a attribute filter....so it wont filter files.

If you add a directory and choose some sheets, it will read in all their attributes.
Badge
Hi Gio,

I think I did it excactly as you wrote with the advanced browser. However, the only attributes that are shown are the user attributes, not the format attributes. It does show all the tables available of the feature, as in the image. So far so good. But the next step is to show me the format attributes, which should be in the image above.

Badge +3
Hi, yes, pressing format attributes does nothing...

Maybe a bug?