Solved

Atribute Manager- deletion of the atributes- saving to csv

• 25 October 2017
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello!

I am FME beginner. I am working with table where I have 38 different attributes. I would like to extract only 2 of them. I used for this AttributeManager Parameters where I simply set Action for attributes which are not interesting for me as REMOVE.

However after Adding Writer and saving docu

ments as .csv I got result like on the left side (Fig. 2). I would like to get result which is in the record J. I assume that this tool just clean content which refers to specific attributes instead of deleting whole atribute with all values.

in FME Data Inspector result of my deletion looks like this

so I don't understand why is it saved in the .csv file in other way with all pipes. I know that I could copy content of the values from data inspector and paste it to .xls sheet or .txt file. However, I would like to do it fully automaticaly.

Any tips? Or should I use different tool for atribute deletion? I am grateful for all hints.

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 25 October 2017, 17:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
How do you have configured the User Attributes in the writer feature type?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I suspect that you still have the attributes in your writer feature type. So you have removed the attributes in the translation, but still have them in your output schema.

Click on the cogwheel button on the writer feature type (the right-hand object on the canvas) and click on the tab labelled User Attributes.

Here you can delete the attributes you don't need. Or you could change the attribute naming option from Manual to Automatic, which will only write out the attributes connected to it.

Badge +6

Hello @vid ,

Just to extrapolate off what Takashi has asked. On your writer feature type, under the User Attributes section, what is the Attribute Definition set as?

If it is set to Manual it may have picked up those features first. If you change the Attribute Definition to automatic, it will only populate the attributes that enter the Writer. In your case, Supplier_ID, and POI_Entity_ID.

attributedefinition.png

Badge

Hello @vid ,

Just to extrapolate off what Takashi has asked. On your writer feature type, under the User Attributes section, what is the Attribute Definition set as?

If it is set to Manual it may have picked up those features first. If you change the Attribute Definition to automatic, it will only populate the attributes that enter the Writer. In your case, Supplier_ID, and POI_Entity_ID.

attributedefinition.png

it works perfectly, thank you!

Badge

I suspect that you still have the attributes in your writer feature type. So you have removed the attributes in the translation, but still have them in your output schema.

Click on the cogwheel button on the writer feature type (the right-hand object on the canvas) and click on the tab labelled User Attributes.

Here you can delete the attributes you don't need. Or you could change the attribute naming option from Manual to Automatic, which will only write out the attributes connected to it.

it works perfectly, thank you!