Question

how to perform dynamic schema mapping

• 12 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am totally newbee to FME. I have CSV file with all layer names and its corresponding field names and field types. There are two additional columns called destination field name and destination field type with values in them. I can read particular layer based on some calculation. The problem is I want to write the selected layer attributes like field name and destination field name into a CSV and use this csv file in schema mapping to map the fields field name -> destination field name. The input to the schema mapper is coming from feature reader which dynamically reading from esri gdb. For better understanding please look at the workflow and let me know how can I map the fields and write the data into postgis database with new field names and new structure.

1 reply

Badge +2

I don't think I'll be able to fully understand your workflow without a small example of the source CSV file and the second CSV file you mention.

However, I think you are probably going to need to use the Schema (From Table) reader. Add this using Add Reader as a Resource under the Workspace Resources node on the workbench navigator panel. (I think this will be the reader for your second CSV file that defines the PostGIS schema you need) Then, use this as the Schema Sources on your PostGIS dynamic Schema Definition.