Question

Zombie fme.exe after using WorkspaceRunner

• 16 February 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello,

Today I wanted to experiment a bit. I used WorkspaceRunner with "wait for end" option set to no.

It worked quite well for some time, I had few hundreds of featured to be processed using this, but after some time it all slowed down and then stopped.

Then I stopped job in fme workbench and tried to run it again. There was information that I dont have enough licenses.

I saw that problem before so I thought that it would be enough only to open task manager end kill some fme.exe processes but there were none.

Then I opened powershell and entered get-process command

Here there are.

When I try to kill any of those processes it doesnt work, still list is the same

Do you know that problem? I hope that there are better ways for solving that then computer reboot :)

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
The WorkspaceRunner fires off the child workspace once for every feature you run through it and if you don't set it to wait for completion it potentially has 7 child workspaces running at the same time. I think if you manually kill the master workspace (i.e. the one with the WorkspaceRunner) and then immediately start it again the child processes are potentially still running. They should, however, run to completion and then shut down.
Badge
The WorkspaceRunner fires off the child workspace once for every feature you run through it and if you don't set it to wait for completion it potentially has 7 child workspaces running at the same time. I think if you manually kill the master workspace (i.e. the one with the WorkspaceRunner) and then immediately start it again the child processes are potentially still running. They should, however, run to completion and then shut down.

Hello @redgeographics

Thank you for reply. The problem is that main workspace was manualny terminated and right now I can't kill those child processes like I described im the question. They don't use any resources and already've been there for 20 hours. I can't kill those processes using task manager or cmd or powershell. The only way to terminate them that I know is to reboot machine but maybe you know different way?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hello @redgeographics

Thank you for reply. The problem is that main workspace was manualny terminated and right now I can't kill those child processes like I described im the question. They don't use any resources and already've been there for 20 hours. I can't kill those processes using task manager or cmd or powershell. The only way to terminate them that I know is to reboot machine but maybe you know different way?

A reboot would probably sort that out but if this happens again you may want to get in touch with Safe's support. Killing the master workspace should also terminate the child workspaces when they're done.
Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Hello @redgeographics

It seems strange that you cannot kill them via task manager. I can terminate child workspaces this way with no issues (normally when I've had to kill the parent workspace, after realising I've left redirect to inspector on!)