Question

FME Community Update March 2017: New Badges

• 27 March 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi FME'ers,

Just wanted to alert you to some new badges I've added to the system today...

1) The Santa Badge

You get awarded this for answering a question on 24th or 25th of December. That's really delivering to our community! So I can award it to last year's recipients: @daleatsafe and @takashi - thanks for working so hard to help our community all year around!

2) The Flavour of the Month Badge

You get awarded this for earning the most reputation in a calendar month. The recipients so far:

January 2017: @david_r - for topping the reputation list with 595 points earned in January.

February 2017: @takashi - for topping the reputation list with 1041 points earned in February.

Now... just in case you think you might never get to earn this badge, I have a few rules that will help:

• You can only win the badge once (so it won't be Takashi or David every month!)
  • The recipient will be the one with the most reputation who hasn't won the badge before (ie even if you aren't #1 for the month).
  • But... you must be in the top-10 most reputation scored in the month (eg I'm not just going to give it out to someone 100th in the list just because the other 99 have already got it - you will genuinely have to earn it).

Current leaders for the March 2017 badge are @jdh and @jeroenstiers (but because you can't see the stats I can, you'll never know by how much!!!!!)

3) The Cousteau and Zissou Badges

You get these for being a deep diver and attending the deep dive webinars - one badge for Desktop and the other for Server. I'm working on these now, but be patient because I have 500+ names to work through! (I'm hoping you signed in with the same email address you use here!)

Also note these have a little 2017 on the icon. I hope to award a new one each year.

4) The Advisor Badge

This is for providing feedback to us in the annual FME Server questionnaire. I'm waiting to get a list of these folk and then I'll be able to start awarding this badge (I haven't posted a picture here because I am only allowed three attachments!)

Thanks again to all of you - question askers or answerers - for all you do to keep this community vibrant, fun, and - above all - a useful resource for all FME'ers.

Regards

Mark

6 replies

Badge +22

No entomologist badge?

https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/37972/entomologist-badge.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I'll have to think about that one. The systems aren't hooked up in a way to make that automatic (mind you, neither are most of the above) so it's hard to do. Still, it's a good idea. I'm also going to see if we can get an FMEUC badge next.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

OK. The Advisor badge records are now all updated. Congratulations to the 66 people who got awarded

this. OK, with 66 people it's not very exclusive, but those who didn't get it now will have to wait till next year!

Let me know if you filled in the questionnaire but didn't get the badge (I think I got everyone, but still).

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

And now Zissou is done. There are 60 people on this site who also watched the Server Deep Dive.

Well done - and let me know if I missed you off.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

And now Zissou is done. There are 60 people on this site who also watched the Server Deep Dive.

Well done - and let me know if I missed you off.

I forgot to mention - I made the rule that you have to have been online for at least 45 minutes between the official start and end times.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

And now Cousteau is done too. Phew. 96 people awarded that badge.