Solved

Workspace and the task scheduler

• 30 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m attempting to get a workspace containing SQL Server connections to run as a windows scheduled task. It starts up but but errors out like so:

Thus far I have: made my database connections public, built a batch file, given the task ‘highest privileges’, set the Start In parameter to the location of the batch and tried my own user account as well as the network admin.

The workspace runs just fine from within FME or from the batch. The error only appears when launched from the scheduler.

I realise there are several articles about scheduling tasks in the Knowledge Base and I think I've been through all of them but obviously I’m still missing something.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 30 November 2017, 03:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

The Named database connections are stored in a file.

That file is probably not available to the user, running the scheduled task (either privileges or a network path that is created at login).

It probably would run if you use embedded user credentials instead of a named connection.

Badge

The Named database connections are stored in a file.

That file is probably not available to the user, running the scheduled task (either privileges or a network path that is created at login).

It probably would run if you use embedded user credentials instead of a named connection.

Thanks erik_jan, it was your first suggestion. I had moved the connection file out of the local 'users' folder but hadn't given it a fully qualified path so the workspace wasn't finding it.