Question

Automate change detect over data received on the past

• 25 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Dear All ,

We are receiving data on daily basis , and now we discovered that is there a change on parcel and we need to run change detect over all the received data , each folder contain shape file , first we need to compare the , it is also better is there is tolarance .

18-06-2012 with 5-7-2012 then

5-7-2012 with 17-7-2012 and so on , and get all the changes ,

Thanks ,

3 replies

Badge +22

I would create a workspace that compares two arbitrary datasets. You'll probably want to use either the ChangeDetector or if your data has a key attribute, the UpdateDetector (FME store).

I would then create a controller workspace that uses a path reader on the root folder to get each subfolder as a feature and the AttributeCreator Enable Adjacent Feature Attributes setting to get the next folder.

Build the full path to both the 'current' and 'updated' shapefiles and call the changedetector workspace (WorkspaceRunner) with those files as parameters.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

In addition, the PATH reader probably reads the folder paths in alphabetic order, so you will have to insert a process to sort the features by date ascending, before the AttributeCreator. Fortunately, the folder names are dates (%d-%m-%Y), so the DateFormatter and Sorter might help you to sort them appropriately.

Userlevel 4

In addition, the PATH reader probably reads the folder paths in alphabetic order, so you will have to insert a process to sort the features by date ascending, before the AttributeCreator. Fortunately, the folder names are dates (%d-%m-%Y), so the DateFormatter and Sorter might help you to sort them appropriately.

Absolutely. I will just add that getting the timestamps is a relatively expensive operation, time-wise. This means that if you have a directory with a LOT of files (several hundreds), it could potentially also take little a while to read all the filenames, extract the timestamps and sort them.