Solved

Newbie trying to Aggregate some lines and points...

I’ve been trying to aggregate some GIS layers with a common attribute and running into all sorts of problems. I’m also new at this! For testing I’ve just been trying to aggregate one line layer (eventually lines and points) and I’m a little confused at my results.

It’s merging only some features together, not all. I need them all merged together that have the same attribute, in this example FeederID. As mentioned eventually I will want lines and points together as one layer all grouped by FeederID.

This is what I'm doing:

This is what I'm getting:

Am I doing some sort of rookie mistake here?

icon

Best answer by jdh 6 May 2016, 20:15

View original

3 replies

Badge +22

Are you certain your features are ordered by group? If a feature from a different group arrives in between features with the same FeederID, they will not be in aggregated together. Either use a sorter ahead of the aggregator, or set Input is order by Group to No.

I don't see a point in Concatenating the same attribute you are using to GroupBy, all you will end up with is the same value comma separated as many times as you have features in the group.

Any attributes in the GroupBy will be available on the output feature.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I also think you will want to keep the input attributes, if you want to merge them all together as well.

Thank you.

I followed both your suggestions (add Sorter first, don't concatenate, kept input) and I got what I was expecting (hoping?).

I wish I could say I won't do anymore rookie mistakes but that would be a bold faced lie.