Solved

Set Front Appearance Reference from fme_color

• 23 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi FME community.

I am trying to color my 3D object based on its fme_color attribute but I don't know how to do it.

Currently fme_color is set as cyan. So, if I can how this as 2D in the Inspector, it shows as cyan. However, if I switch to 3D, it becomes gray. I think this is a default color. I looked at the Front Appearance Reference and this setting is set as <inherited_or_default_appearance>.

If I can set the Front Appearance Reference as same as fme_color, then this 3D object will be cyan color. I used AppearanceSetter to manually set the Front Appearance Reference but I don't know how to change it with transformers.

If someone who knows how to do it, please share your knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

Hiroo

icon

Best answer by takashi 23 August 2018, 06:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @hirooimaki, you can use the AppearanceStyler to create a set of attributes for appearance based on attributes of incoming feature (e.g. "fme_color"), then set the appearance to a 3D geometry with the AppearanceSetter.

In the case, you don't need to set color/texture parameters in the AppearanceSetter.

Badge

Thank you @takashi again. I could make it work. First I exposed fme_color using AttributeExposer and use it in the AppearanceStyler. That was tricky! I thought I could assign fme_color in the AppearanceSetter somehow. I attached my workspace image and my test 3D model with colors here (sorry about the Japanese description!)

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you @takashi again. I could make it work. First I exposed fme_color using AttributeExposer and use it in the AppearanceStyler. That was tricky! I thought I could assign fme_color in the AppearanceSetter somehow. I attached my workspace image and my test 3D model with colors here (sorry about the Japanese description!)

Good to hear.

Tip: In the case, you could also expose "fme_color" in the Format Attributes tab - reader feature type, without using the AttributeExposer.