Solved

error about dynamic fanout when running a workspace in FME Server

• 25 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, we are having a problem in running a workspace in FME Server.

We has FME Server 2016.1.2.1. using FME Desktop we created a simple workflow that connects to a Oracle Geodatabase, reads a Feature Class, creates a new field and fill this new field with a value. We would like to save the result of the workflow in another Feature Class that already exists in the geodatabase.

When running the workspace in FME Desktop, everything Works good and the results are successfully but when we published this workflow to FME Server and runs the workspace, FME Server runs the workspace but shows a message saying that 0 feature was written to the destination Feature Class.

in the logs i can find the following messages:

Features not written - verify feature type fanout/dynamic settings

(Check that fanout/dynamic feature type attribute exists and has a value)

We are new using FME and can not find the reason of this behavior, we already search in the documentation but did not find any information that can help to solve the problem.

Follows some screenshots of a sample workspace that was created when i was able to reproduce the problem:

Anybody can help us?

Thank you

Regards

Caio

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 25 November 2019, 17:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Are you guys using the same version of FME Desktop as FME Server? Seems like a strange error

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I don't think you can use FME to modify the schema of an existing table - although you mentioned that it worked fine in desktop so i might be wrong. Does the new field already exist in the Database? If so then it could be that the datatype of the new field is different.

One thing you could try is to 'Import' the schema settings from the table you want to write to in FME Desktop. When adding the Writer, under 'Table Definition' you can choose 'Import from Dataset...' This will let you define the schema based on the output dataset.

Hopefully this helps

Are you guys using the same version of FME Desktop as FME Server? Seems like a strange error

The versions of FME Desktop and FME Server was diferent, we tried using the same version and the problem was solved.

Thank you for the tip.

Regards

Caio

I don't think you can use FME to modify the schema of an existing table - although you mentioned that it worked fine in desktop so i might be wrong. Does the new field already exist in the Database? If so then it could be that the datatype of the new field is different.

One thing you could try is to 'Import' the schema settings from the table you want to write to in FME Desktop. When adding the Writer, under 'Table Definition' you can choose 'Import from Dataset...' This will let you define the schema based on the output dataset.

Hopefully this helps

The versions of FME Desktop and FME Server was diferent, we tried using the same version and the problem was solved.

Thank you for the tip.

Regards

Caio