Question

How do I rename a Field by an attribute value in my data Or "FME_Basename"_StaticName

• 23 October 2019
  • 1 reply

I have multiple input tables that I wish to merge together that have all the same names for Fields. I was want the merge/aggregation to be done based on the "ID" field, and I want the Value Fields to be renamed "FME_Basename"_Value

Further to this my inputs other than ID typically have complex valueNames and they frequently change, so I would like to be able to do this semi-dynamically. "BulkAttributeRanamer" claims to support this...but it doesn't actually append anything. Attempting to manage these changes previous to merging in attributeCreator FeatureManager...do not allow for you to use an attribute value for a Field Name.

Any suggestions?

I want something like this...

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The bulkattribute renamer will create the new attributes, but if you're using the basename they won't be exposed automatically. You should be able to see they have been created if you click on a feature and look at the feature information window on the left. You'd be able to do this with an attributecreator too but again, you'd need to expose the attributes to see them in the workspace or write them out dynamically