Question

Dynamic Writer Multiple Errors (Cannot find Schema & Geodatabase Error (-2147219884))

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I finally think I have my head wrapped around dynamic writers but I am running to all sorts of errors

What I am looking to do is use a NeighborFinder transformer to join admin boundaries to my data while also using the dynamic fields for each feature in a geodatabase.

I am having multiple issues when trying to write dynamic data

• One issue I am having is that I am getting a "|Geodatabase Error (-2147219884): The Field already exists." error. I tried to remove/rename ObjectID and Shape fields with no luck.
  • Another version of this workbench and I am getting "Cannot define schema for 'unknown' as the feature does not contain schema information, and schema source is set to 'Schema from Schema Feature'. Please verify writer feature type configuration" error

Anytime I change it back to Manual writer I have no problems writing the features to the geodatabase. I have been stuck on this for a few weeks now, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance FME Fam.

1 reply

Attached is a simplified version of this workbench that pulls in OSM PBF format and tries to convert it to FGDB with a dynamic writer.

OSM_geofabrik_pbf_to_fgdb_safe.fmw