Solved

Problems with missing walls of 3D building using AreaBuilder

• 27 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I have a problem with AreaBuilder. Exactly I want to create 3D building from dgn. data with 2 layers – the first is the ground (lines) and the second is the shape of roofs (lines and shapes). I made the surface, draped roof points on it and I took coordinates. After I merged feature of points with the same x and y coordinate, I calculated height of buildings using z-coordinates and extruded them (I received vertical lines of walls). In that way I generated vector models of building. But when I am creating area of walls by AreaBuilder, one wall in each building is missing and I don't know why? The lines are still there, the AreaBuilder didn't reject anything. I’ve already checked topology and tried different options but it's still the same.

It's look like that:

Here is my workbench (v. 2017.0) and small part of my data.

icon

Best answer by takashi 28 September 2017, 01:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @nantaliaa, it could be a workaround that you make groups each of which consists of four lines of a wall. A possible way is to modify the first part of the workspace like this, and set the attribute "_wall_id" to the Group By parameter in the AreaBuilder.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @nantaliaa, it could be a workaround that you make groups each of which consists of four lines of a wall. A possible way is to modify the first part of the workspace like this, and set the attribute "_wall_id" to the Group By parameter in the AreaBuilder.

If it is allowed that the bottom face of a building is flat (i.e. foot elevation of all walls belonging to the same building are identical), the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta from FME Hub could also be a solution.

See the attached demo: create-walls-demo.fmwt (FME 2017.0)

If it is allowed that the bottom face of a building is flat (i.e. foot elevation of all walls belonging to the same building are identical), the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta from FME Hub could also be a solution.

See the attached demo: create-walls-demo.fmwt (FME 2017.0)

Thank you @takashi for your help. The first advice it's simple and great, everything is working fine now.

I thought about use BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta or just tried to extrud whole lines of roof but the problem is that the bottom of buildings can't be flat it's have to be fitted to exist surface.