Solved

Published Parameters Not Showing Up in FME Server

• 20 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a workspace that has 6 published parameters,

When I publish this workspace to FME Server the DestDataset_ACAD parameter is missing

The parameter is available when I publish a webhook and the webhook runs successfully but the file return from FME Server is named like this.

When I change the file extension this file opens in AutoCAD.

I have tried to create a parameter and then link to the writer this also goes missing when I publish to FME Server.

Is there a setting I am not seeing somewhere? I am using REAL_DWG writer.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 22 June 2020, 17:59

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @garydlester,

Did you publish the workspace to run under the Data Download Service? If so then any Destination Dataset parameters will not be listed on the Run Workspace page because the Data Download services writes your data out to a temp location on FME Server to create the download URL to the zip file, instead of the location specified by the user.

You can set the file path within the zip, including the file name through the service properties in the publishing wizard. Please see this Community Post for more information on how to do that.

If you don't set this, by default it will use the writer format name, so in your case REALDWG.

Hi @garydlester,

Did you publish the workspace to run under the Data Download Service? If so then any Destination Dataset parameters will not be listed on the Run Workspace page because the Data Download services writes your data out to a temp location on FME Server to create the download URL to the zip file, instead of the location specified by the user.

You can set the file path within the zip, including the file name through the service properties in the publishing wizard. Please see this Community Post for more information on how to do that.

If you don't set this, by default it will use the writer format name, so in your case REALDWG.

I modified the code a little and now we are saving with whatever name we like using the file stream. thanks for your help.