Solved

Slider Parameter type in 2017?

• 23 August 2017
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Just trying to make a variable input parameter with a Slider in FME 2017 (Build 17271) and it's not on the list of the Parameter types.

Anyone knows where is it gone and how to create one?

icon

Best answer by takashi 24 August 2017, 15:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It's gone alright.

The regular number parameter does have the option to enter the lower and upper bounds of the allowed range of numbers:

but it won't show a slider :(

If you really want it back you could create an Idea for it.

Badge

It's gone alright.

The regular number parameter does have the option to enter the lower and upper bounds of the allowed range of numbers: 

0684Q00000ArKYrQAN.png

but it won't show a slider :(

If you really want it back you could create an Idea for it.

RIP 'Slider' :'-(  [ ' ] [ ' ] 

I've done what you suggested, but to explain it to user using "Use 0-1 value with up to 2 decimals" like in my Parameter setup below, is rather annoying:

RANGE:[0,1]%PRECISION:2
Would much more prefer to set a slider. 

Eventually though I found that this parameter I'll set to constant as it makes no sense for user to change it after a bit of thought.

Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
RIP 'Slider' :'-(  [ ' ] [ ' ] 

I've done what you suggested, but to explain it to user using "Use 0-1 value with up to 2 decimals" like in my Parameter setup below, is rather annoying:

RANGE:[0,1]%PRECISION:2
Would much more prefer to set a slider. 

Eventually though I found that this parameter I'll set to constant as it makes no sense for user to change it after a bit of thought.

Thanks anyway.

Yes, sorry but it was removed when the number parameters were reorganized. As Hans says, please do post an idea if you would like it to return and we can see if other users vote for the idea too. 

Badge
Yes, sorry but it was removed when the number parameters were reorganized. As Hans says, please do post an idea if you would like it to return and we can see if other users vote for the idea too.

thanks @Mark2AtSafe. I guess I'll happily live without it. It's the first time in a long time I really wanted to use it, so probably not worth posting an idea for it
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Just an experiment.

With FME 2016 Workbench, define a Slider type parameter for a workspace, add a ParameterFetcher to the workspace, and set the Slider parameter to the Parameter Name field of the ParameterFetcher.

Start FME 2017 Workbench, copy and paste the ParameterFetcher from the FME 2016 workspace to an FME 2017 workspace.

Yay, the Slider parameter appeared on the FME 2017 workspace ;-)

Naturally you cannot edit the definition of the Slider parameter with FME 2017 Workbench.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

It's gone alright.

The regular number parameter does have the option to enter the lower and upper bounds of the allowed range of numbers:

but it won't show a slider :(

If you really want it back you could create an Idea for it.

Just an experiment.

With FME 2016 Workbench, define a Slider type parameter for a workspace, add a ParameterFetcher to the workspace, and set the Slider parameter to the Parameter Name field of the ParameterFetcher.

Start FME 2017 Workbench, copy and paste the ParameterFetcher from the FME 2016 workspace to an FME 2017 workspace.

Naturally you cannot edit the definition of the Slider parameter with FME 2017 Workbench.

Badge
Just an experiment.

@takashi you never cease to amaze! I thought about doing it in 2016 and just 'upgrading' to 2017, but as mentioned below I realised that in this case I'll make it constant anyway.

But it works nicely just as described, thanks!

Badge +2

For those still looking for the ability to add a slider, I have had success with the following  in FME 2017.1.2.1 (Build 17725):

Select the "Number" type; then, in the Configuration field, manually enter something like

0%1%2

without any spaces or quotation marks, where the format is MIN%MAX%PRECISION

The above should result in a slider that goes from 0 to 1 in steps of 0.01.

0684Q00000ArKhuQAF.jpg