Question

Unexpected Output with the FeatureMerger

• 28 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Hi World of FME,

I am a newbie with FME but I already worked a lot with the FeatureMerger. But at the moment I have a problem with an output I cannot really explain. In the screenshot you see the attribute tables, that enter the FeatureMerger as Requestor und Supplier. Also you see the transformer output I expect and below you see the real output: No feature could be merged and I have no idea what the problem is.

Thank you for answers or hints,

Felix

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @felixderglueckl, I believe that the FeatureMerger works as expected. Set 'id' to the 'Join On' for Requestor, set 'end_id' to the 'Join On' for Supplier and NOT set 'Group By', like this screenshot.

Hi @felixderglueckl, I believe that the FeatureMerger works as expected. Set 'id' to the 'Join On' for Requestor, set 'end_id' to the 'Join On' for Supplier and NOT set 'Group By', like this screenshot.

Hi @takashi, thank you for your answer.

I did it exactly like that and unfortunately it does not work :(

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Strange. Check if your workspace has any difference from this simplified demo workspace (FME 2016.1.3): demo.fmwt

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

What version FME @felixderglueckl
Badge +16

is it possible that the attribute values on which then join is done are not the same ? Spaces in the values can cause this kind of behviour.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

You have set 'Yes' to the 'Suppliers First' parameter, but I don't think the option can be applied in this workflow. Probably it's the reason for the unexpected result.

You have set 'Yes' to the 'Suppliers First' parameter, but I don't think the option can be applied in this workflow. Probably it's the reason for the unexpected result.

Actually that was my fault @takashi Thank you very much. It did work! :)

Userlevel 4

Also try setting the comparison mode to "String", I've experienced some unexpected behavior in older versions of FME when the attributes to merge on looked like very long numbers.