Question

Problem reading area with donut hole from autocad dwg file

• 25 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, I'm, getting a strange problem while reading a dwg file using the RealDWG reader in FME (version 2016.1.0.1). As shown in the picture below, the autocad file contains area features with holes. However, when FME reads these geometries the hole is missing. Any idea of what is going on and what can be done to fix this problem?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @masat, in the left image, there seems to be some text labels but they also aren't shown in the right image, I therefore guess you performed a filtering processing to extract the red triangle. The internal small triangle will not appear even if you don't perform the filtering?

Badge +3

if i create a region, the real dwg reads it correctly.

2 objects

autocad_original_entity_type = regio.

fme_geometry = aggregate and fme_type = surface

maybe you filtered out the inner object? (likeTakashi said)
Badge

Thanks for your replies. I got the problem solved, although I still don't know why it didn't work before. The inner triangle is a hole in the larger triangle. Also, I didn't apply any filtering. The dwg file came from a gis-cad translation in fme. Previously, in the translation from gis to cad I set the dwgstyler to polygon. Then, when reading back the cad file in fme I got the problem described. The solution was to set the dwgstyler to mpolygon with fill pattern prior converting from gis to cad. After that, fme read the feature as a polygon with a hole.