Question

Having trouble with the MapTextLabeller, no output

Badge +1

First time using the MapTextLabeller and I have watched the videos. Everything works fine until I get to the MapTextLabler then nothing no output. I’ve been through the rules (allowing most everything) and unchecked the obstacles and still nothing.

14 replies

Badge +1
maptextlablerparameters.png

Badge +1
maptextlablerrules.png

Badge

Hi @blehm

could you please share your translation log?

Badge +1

Hi,

Here is the log

maptextlabellerlog.txt
Badge

Hi,

Here is the log

maptextlabellerlog.txt
This did not help unfortunately... Could you please upload your workspace? If you would prefer not to expose your data schema, please remove the Reader.

Ideally, a small source data sample together with the workspace would be perfect. You can create data sample by adding Recorder to your workspace right after the Reader (or Reader - Sampler - Recorder) and recording an FFS-file.

Badge

Hi,

Here is the log

maptextlabellerlog.txt
Maybe it is the data CoordSys together with 1 ground unit per font unit in MapTextLabeller params. Could you please try reprojecting into another CoordSys (m or ft, not degrees)?

Badge +1

Hi,

Here is the log

maptextlabellerlog.txt
arcsqltoacad.fmw

Badge +1

See attached files

cables.zip

Badge +1

My Reprojector is to AK83-4F which should be in feet

Badge
I added Creator and AttributeCreator to your workspace to have some dummy data to go through MapTextLabeller - and my translation was successful. I had to remove both Writers as I didn't have the template. So I am not 100% sure what part of the workspace was failing.

Could you please try adding your Reader to the attached workspace and running the translation? If the translation is successful, please try adding Writers one by one. You can copy/paste Readers and Writers from your original workspace or add them through Add Reader/Writer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @blehm

This looks like a support case - your workspace with ffs produces a reasonable output and successfully finishes on my machine with no changes to MapTextLabeller or other transformers. I only removed paths to templates in DWGStylers and the db connection. Here is what I see in my log:

2017-08-30 19:36:05| 4.0| 0.0|STATS |MapTextLabeller(LabelEZFactory):

* Input: dbo.SDM_CABLE

* Feature Count: 4

* Number of Label Requests: 4

* Number of Placed Labels: 4

* Success rate (%): 100

2017-08-30 19:36:05| 4.0| 0.0|STATS |MapTextLabeller(LabelEZFactory):

* Input: dbo.SDM_CABLE_2

* Feature Count: 49

* Number of Label Requests: 21

* Number of Placed Labels: 20

* Success rate (%): 95.2381

I wonder whether the presence of the templates or some tiny differences in the original data and the ffs dump may play a role. I think, it makes sense to submit a case to support@safe.com

Dmitri

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Here is the log

maptextlabellerlog.txt
The fact that the log ends suddenly with :

Error running translation.

Says that we're getting a full on crash in your environment of the MapTextLabeler. This points to an install situation. I'd suggest the simplest imagineable workspace be tried and see if the MapTextLabeller can work with that -- send in 1 feature and get a label out. If that still errors then for sure it is something with your system.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @blehm,

we reproduced the problem here, but we are not sure whether the cause is the same. We copied an old workspace to a new machine, and got the same error as we see in your log file. When we simply added a new copy of MapText to the same workspace and set it to the same parameters as the old one, it produced a reasonable output. So I wonder whether you used some old example or created your workspace from scratch? If you used the old one, could you try adding a new one and let us know about the progress?

We suspect, some of the components of MapTextLabeller were updated, making the old workspaces incompatible. Since this is not a Safe product under the hood, we don't have much control over this.
Badge +1

Hi @blehm,

we reproduced the problem here, but we are not sure whether the cause is the same. We copied an old workspace to a new machine, and got the same error as we see in your log file. When we simply added a new copy of MapText to the same workspace and set it to the same parameters as the old one, it produced a reasonable output. So I wonder whether you used some old example or created your workspace from scratch? If you used the old one, could you try adding a new one and let us know about the progress?

We suspect, some of the components of MapTextLabeller were updated, making the old workspaces incompatible. Since this is not a Safe product under the hood, we don't have much control over this.
I may have have created it from a from an existing workspace. So I will re-create it from scratch and re-run.

I've been out for a few days so I wont get back to this until monday but I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for your help

David