Solved

AutoCAD - Problem writing extended data

• 18 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Good morning!

I have created a very simple workspace to test reading and writing a DWG file with Extended Data.

No issue when reading it. I get the extended data as a list:

But when I create the new DWG, there is no extended data in the result. I have checked several related questions, but I haven't been able to solve this issue so far.

These are my writer parameters:

I'm using FME 2018.0.0.2 - 32 bits.

I have attached the workspace and the source DWG.

Thanks for any help provided!

icon

Best answer by oscard 19 April 2018, 10:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I have solved the problem.

The workspace was ok. I was given an incorrect template. With the good one, the extended data is written.

So, templates are very important! It would be nice if the Help section of the templates mentioned something about the Extended Data.

Badge +16

I have solved the problem.

The workspace was ok. I was given an incorrect template. With the good one, the extended data is written.

So, templates are very important! It would be nice if the Help section of the templates mentioned something about the Extended Data.

Hi @oscard do you mind elaborating on what is necessary in the template to correctly write extended data?

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi @oscard do you mind elaborating on what is necessary in the template to correctly write extended data?

Hi! I0m afraid I have no idea. I was given that template by the client. As far as I know, It was basically a copy of the DWG I had to process.

Badge

Hi! I0m afraid I have no idea. I was given that template by the client. As far as I know, It was basically a copy of the DWG I had to process.

Hi @oscard, I'm also struggeling with writing extended data. Could you post an example workbench and dwg-data?

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hi @oscard, I'm also struggeling with writing extended data. Could you post an example workbench and dwg-data?

Thanks!

Hi @sprongandre,

By any chance have you seen our tutorial for How to convert SHP to DWG (Esri Shapefile to AutoCAD)? There is an excellent template that contains source data and a completed workspace to demonstrates how to write extended entity data.