Question

Coordinate system is "IFC_COORDSYS_0" after Coordinate transformation?

Hi,

I'm trying to transform IFC data into CityGML data. I use AttributeReprojector to reproject coordinates, and use 3DAffiner to perform a 3D affine transformation on the coordinates.

After that, when I use CoordinateSystemExtractor to look at the coordinate system, found that the coordinate system is "IFC_COORDSYS_0", not the one I set, EPSG:31467. Why?

A Warning "Coordinate system named IFC_COORDSYS_0 does not exist." appears in the log during running CoordinateSystemExtractor.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi there,

In this case the you need to apply the coordinate system to the features. An AttributeReprojector only reprojector the attributes (Not the features themselves). If you want the data to have the coordinate system of the attribute you must use first a CoordinateSystemSetter. It will overwrite the IFC_COORDSYS.

Hi there,

In this case the you need to apply the coordinate system to the features. An AttributeReprojector only reprojector the attributes (Not the features themselves). If you want the data to have the coordinate system of the attribute you must use first a CoordinateSystemSetter. It will overwrite the IFC_COORDSYS.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Now I use a CoordinateSystemSetter to set coordinate system before AttributeReprojector and 3DAffiner. But when I assign the coordinate attribute to other features by FeatureMerger so that these features have it, the coordinate system becomes IFC_COORDSYS_0 again. So I have to set the coordinate system by CoordinateSystemSetter after finishing FeatureMerger. In this case the coordinate system is correct. Is it a correct order? Many thanks.