Question

FME 2019: Why can a disabled inspector connected to a rejected port work with feature caching off but not on.

• 9 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a disabled inspector connected to a <rejected> port.

When I run it without feature caching enabled the whole fmw runs successfully. When I run it with feature caching enabled it fails:

2019-04-09 11:10:25| 893.2| 0.0|ERROR |PointOnAreaOverlayer_15_<Rejected> (TeeFactory): PointOnAreaOverlayer_7_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'PointOnAreaOverlayer_7 output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

2019-04-09 11:10:26| 894.7| 1.5|ERROR |PointOnAreaOverlayer_15_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'PointOnAreaOverlayer_7 output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

2019-04-09 11:10:27| 895.9| 1.2|ERROR |FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

2019-04-09 11:10:27| 895.9| 0.0|ERROR |FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

The messages point me to change my Rejected Feature Handling to Continue Translation. I'd like to not have to do that for valid reasons, like I might miss a different feature handling error that gets bypassed mistakenly.

So, Is there anyway feature caching can be as tolerant as running the same fmw with non-feature caching with Rejected Feature Handling: Terminate Translation?

Cheers,

Pete

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @pvaziri,

Thanks for your question! How are you currently running your workspace with feature caching on when the translation fails? Are you using a specific keyboard shortcut or just hitting Run?

I'm taking a look at this on my end and I'm curious to know if the translation succeeds when you go to your toolbar and hit: Run > Rerun Entire Workspace with Feature Caching Enabled?

For FME 2019.0 the Run button has gotten some revamping and some new shortcut mapping. The Run button (F5) now runs from the last up-to-date cache, while Rerun Entire Workspace is the new full run. I've put in an issue with our dev team just in case to get some clarification as (FMEENGINE-59790), and I'll let you know what I find out. As well, new and updated documentation is on its way so that may clear things up better as well.