Question

FeatureReader doesn't output a schema object from a file geodatabase feature class

• 30 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

I've got a shape file and a GDB feature class derived from that. 2 featureReaders with the same settings pointing at the 2 datasets, the shape file reader outputs a schema feature the GDB reader does not.

Anyone know what's going on here? FME Desktop 2016.0

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @shepthedog63

Do the feature types have the same names in both datasets? ie the Shape file is also called EA_NE_AREAS? It seems to be a recently discovered issue that if so only one returns a schema.

It's filed as PR#71993 and I will add a link to this thread and increase the priority.

If that's not the case, then let me know and I can look further - or contact our support team (safe.com/support)

Badge

Hi Mark,

The feature type names are the same in both but after further digging that existing PR doesn't seem to fit my symptoms:

I've mailed you a zip with 2 .gdb's in it (too big to attach here. 1Mb limit a bit stingy).

The schema is not output from test_bad.gdb even when it's the only feature type being read (delete the other featureReader).

The schema is output from test_good.gdb even when it's the 2nd feature type being read (after test_bad).

If I read from test_good.gdb and another copy like it, both schema features are output.

P.S. feature type name does have something to do with it, though: if I say 'Feature Types to Read: <All Feature Types>' instead of specifying my feature class test_bad.gdb does output schema object.

Regards,

Ian