Question

KML folders are not creating sub-groups

• 29 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge

The project I am working on requires creating kmls after merging ESRI files and Excel spreadsheet data. I am working in Data Interoperability so I don't know how to export a workbench but I have included screen shots below of my data. I found the knowledge base article about how to create folders, subfolders, and groups,

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/221/kml-folders.html

I inserted the create folders where I thought was appropriate but the only level I get is the Subfolder, the groups don't come into separate categories.

Other problems since adding this process to create folders

the file name is no longer being saved with the datestamp at the end of the file name.

The output is also giving me 3 files, only 1 works

It names the ParcelLabel folder with the name of the parent folder "ParcelStatus".

The names that show up for the folders are the kml_id not the kml_name.

Images below, the third folder is structured just like the 2nd one so I did not repeat the image. Appreciate any help in figuring this out.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @tsurveyor,

If you are creating your own folder structure, I would recommend against using the feature type fanout, since this will also create folders in the file. You may also want to double check the kml_id and kml_parent settings on all your outputs to ensure that they point to the appropriate folders.

If you would like to post your workspace and a sample fo your source data, I could give you more detailed assistance. If you don't want to make these public, please email them to , Attn Dave.
Badge

Hi @tsurveyor,

If you are creating your own folder structure, I would recommend against using the feature type fanout, since this will also create folders in the file. You may also want to double check the kml_id and kml_parent settings on all your outputs to ensure that they point to the appropriate folders.

If you would like to post your workspace and a sample fo your source data, I could give you more detailed assistance. If you don't want to make these public, please email them to , Attn Dave.
Hi Dave, Thanks for your response. I don't mind posting my work file but I don't know how to save the data interoperability ETL tool as a format to share. What is the best way to share the file?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Dave, Thanks for your response. I don't mind posting my work file but I don't know how to save the data interoperability ETL tool as a format to share. What is the best way to share the file?

I have ArcGIS, so you can send me the toolbox file if you want.

Badge
I have ArcGIS, so you can send me the toolbox file if you want.

on it's way. Thanks!!

Badge

Hi @tsurveyor,

@daveatsafe @tsurveyor Was the solution for this problem posted anywhere?

@daveatsafe @tsurveyor Was the solution for this problem posted anywhere?

Hi @katericondo, I notice this original post was from quite a while ago. If you have a similar question, I would recommend you to post as a new question for better visibility. If you could share some sample data and your workspace, that would be very helpful too. Thanks!