Question

HTML Report- OSM

Badge +9

Hi,

Quick query on the OSM Leaflet option in the HTML report generator, does anyone know where you can retrieve a token for this??

I can't locate one anywhere its driving me crazy.

Thanks

Ciara

5 replies

Badge +22

It may be a mistake, the OSM Leaflet is not even an option in FME 2017.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

This needs a Mapquest developer token: https://developer.mapquest.com/

But as jdh notes, this option was removed for 2017, because Mapquest changed their terms and conditions and we wanted to give you other options.

Badge +9

This needs a Mapquest developer token: https://developer.mapquest.com/

But as jdh notes, this option was removed for 2017, because Mapquest changed their terms and conditions and we wanted to give you other options.

Oh that's a pity I had it in my head I could use Open Street Map but that doesn't look to be available. I'll be using 2017 anyway @Mark2AtSafe any idea if there are plans for access to OSM?

Would be great if I could integrate the National Mapping agencies WMS instead of these options, has anyone tried or had success doing this?

Badge +9

It may be a mistake, the OSM Leaflet is not even an option in FME 2017.

Thanks, hadn't even noticed it wasn't in 2017
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Oh that's a pity I had it in my head I could use Open Street Map but that doesn't look to be available. I'll be using 2017 anyway @Mark2AtSafe any idea if there are plans for access to OSM?

Would be great if I could integrate the National Mapping agencies WMS instead of these options, has anyone tried or had success doing this?

Hi @ciarab - For WMS I guess you could read the data with a FeatureReader, write an image with an AttributeFileWriter, and then reference that file in the HTML. It's one way to do it.

As for OSM, I suppose the Mapbox option lets you use that, in a roundabout way. I looked recently and couldn't find a reliable and free, no account needed web service for reading OSM, which is not surprising really as I think it would get a LOT of traffic. When I win the lottery I'll fund a completely open OSM web service myself!