Question

FBX file read with texture mirrored

Badge

Hi all,

I'm trying to read an .fbx model exported from Infraworks. It appears in the data inspector with textures mirrored and the following warning :

"FBX_1: A texture used by mesh in node 'Mesh N' references a UV set named 'default', which doesn't exist"

I've tried to re-mirror the appearance but nothing seems to work and I don't know how to reference the UV set ... Do you have any idea what am I doing wrong ?

The area in Infraworks :

The area in DataInspector:

the fbx file and others :

Regards,

Louis

3 replies

Badge +21

Hi @louis_c3

Try the FME2020 Beta - there are some changes on the FBX writer. I have also experimented with FME + Navisworks + Infraworks. And it seems that its difficult to get all 3 of them to generate the same FBX file.

Yuo can also use Autodesk FBX Review to look at the FBX file, however it will show differently in Navis/Infra/FBX/FME even though its the same file.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @louis_c3,

I checked the FBX file you included in Autodesk's FBX Review, and the textures appeared flipped there as well, so it seems to be an Infraworks issue.

I am attaching a workspace that will flip the textures and write to a new FBX file for you.

fliptextures.fmw

Hello people from the internet who stumble on this thread in hope to fix their Autodesk FBX issues.

If you're going to use @daveatsafe's script below then be advised on following (as of fme version 2020.0 20118):

• Turn of featurecaching for this script. Script will often not rerun
  • Preview of results from fetature caching will not show you the correct results. You have to write result to a file wuthout featurecaching turned on and view results afterwards. Preferably in another software.

Hopefully it just saved you tons of head scratching.