Question

workspace runner

Badge

I am designing a workflow using workspace runner. My initial design is to have 5 (variable) path location parameters for input and 5 for output. set in the first workspace with a count for any new paths added. those parameters dynamically shared to the second workspace which then does a change detection and creates an updated file list in it's respective output location. Then a 3rd workspace which waits until the first 2 workspaces have run the number of count (path varaible) then uses the file list generated by each run to extract dwg layers to a single fgdb.

Can anyone elaborate on the plan to wait for running the 3rd wksp until all lists have completed? or other ideas to make this work?

Placing the FeatureHolder after the WorkspaceRunner will my xls writer correctly create?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @gisbradokla,

It sounds like you should be able to do this by placing a FeatureHolder after WorkspaceRunner #2. The FeatureHolder will wait for all 5 features to pass through the first 2 WorkspaceRunners before proceeding.

Badge

Hi @gisbradokla,

It sounds like you should be able to do this by placing a FeatureHolder after WorkspaceRunner #2. The FeatureHolder will wait for all 5 features to pass through the first 2 WorkspaceRunners before proceeding.

am i placing that inside the second workspace or inside the 3rd workspace? Myabe i just answered my own question. I'll try it in #2 first. Thanks