Question

HTML 2 JPG using PhantomsJS fails when running as a scheduled task

• 14 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

my question points to the SystemCaller calling PhantomJS to get a screenshot of a website. PhantomJS is installed on local drive c:\\tools and the SystemCaller ist setup properly. It all works well when the workbench is run manually. But the SystemCaller fails to execute when run the workbench from within an batchfile as a scheduled task. The scheduled task is run under the same account I am logged in with so it shouldn't be a permission problem. Actually I have no idea why the execution fails. There are no hints in the log (it just says "failed to execute...".

The graphics shows the configuratio of the SystemCaller...which works fine when run manually...

Any hints welcome...

Regards,

Stefan

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi @stefangiese,

This sounds really frustrating. I found this older thread here that may be of use: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/27772/run-fme-workspace-as-scheduled-task-problem.html

Specifically, look at @david_r's comments and links as he points out an awesome resource. I'd also note that any mapped drives in your workspace or .bat file should be using UNC paths instead. This is a common source of issues. Give that a read and check for any quick fixes. Hopefully that will help.

Brian