Question

Loop Not Working

• 1 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a set of features in a table that in my example is classed into two types by area - Big and Small. Each feature has a numeric value for the area. In my hypothetical example I need to decide on a sensible number to use to make the decision between small and big area types. I therefore want to choose a value for the area and then check to see how many features below that are correctly classified as Small, how many are correctly classified as Big, and how many are incorrectly classified. I want to be able to loop through a set of values for the area and write out to a table how many are correctly and incorrectly classified for each iteration.

I have created a workbench that does exactly what I want it to do for a single value for the area. However, when I attempt to create a loop, nothing seems to be happening inside the loop. I have used statistics calculators to get a count for each classification decision which I believe are blocking transformers and therefore FME creates a separate .fmx file for the loop. I don't know if the issue is here or not.

My main workspace:

My Looper workspace:

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It's hard to say without being able to look at some data as well (any chance you can create and upload a template?) but what I think happens is that the StatisticsCalculators are set to output summary features which don't have the same attribute structure as when they entered the custom transformer. So if they loop back they encounter a Tester and an AttributeFilter that are looking at attributes that don't exist on those features.

The StatisticsCalculators are indeed blocking transformers (so is the Aggregator), that may or may not be a factor here (again, hard to say without data)

Badge

Ah, yes, of course. Not sure what approach I need to use for this problem then.