Question

Unable to read from migrated key store file

• 5 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Since the upgrade to FME 2019.0 we're unable to run any workbench. All our workbenches make use of connections saved in a public or private key store file. But FME can't seem to find these files anymore. I checked the location of the files and they are still present. Also the rights on these folders seem to be ok.

4 replies

Hi there @koen_verhoeven. Did you get anywhere with this question? I've just upgraded to 2019 and I have the same error. Interestingly I didn't have the exact named key files already present, but I do have fme_publicKey.jceks. Renaming the extension to fmeks did get me further (I can then see my connections) but I then get an 'error decrypting data'.

Thanks, Ian.

Hello again @koen_verhoeven. I was looking at this again and I removed the fmeks and jceks files, along with fme_connection.data from what is my roaming profile folder. I restarted FME, it recreated these files and everything seems to be in order. I can see all my database connections again.

Cheers, Ian.

Badge +3

Hi @wt_ian

Good to hear you were able to solve the issue. In my situation it seems to be some problem in combination with Citrix. Also removing the files did not solve the issue. In the end I had to send the jceks keys to Safe to migrate them to the new fmeks files.

Badge +8

Hi @koen_verhoeven and @wt_ian

The issue has been reported and we have not been able to reproduce the issue internally at Safe, but the workaround and possible solution for the issue is recorded in this article https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/99330/unable-to-retrieve-fme-publickeyfmeks-after-upgrad.html