Solved

Trouble with XMLfragmenter v5

• 27 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

XML fragmenter settings:

(identical for v3 and v5).

I have trouble getting the v5 of XML fragmenter to work - for some reason, it rejects ANY xml I throw at it. Even examples straight out of www.w3schools.com. The above examle is rejected with XML parser error: unable to open primary document entity '<xml version="1.0" ...

The old trusty v3 works fine. In the above example, i used copy-paste from an older workspace I had lying around.

Anybody else who has trouble with this?

FME(R) 2018.1.0.2 (20180903 - Build 18547 - WIN64)

icon

Best answer by takashi 28 February 2019, 14:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I was not able to reproduce the situation with v5 in FME 2018.1.0.3 and 2018.1.1.2.

Could you please post the parameters dialog of v5?

Badge

Sure thing, will do! But isn't it easier just to download the provided workspace error-xmlfragmenter.fmw?

Badge

Seems pretty basic and straightforward for me...

If you can't reproduce it @takashi then that is a strong hint that something is wrong with my FME installation. Frankly, that seems more likely than just me complaining about this error (or "radical change in behaviour" in more palatable terms).

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @hektopascal, you will have to select "Attribute with XML document" in the XML Source Type, and set "_response_body" to the XML Attribute parameter.

Badge

Hi @hektopascal, you will have to select "Attribute with XML document" in the XML Source Type, and set "_response_body" to the XML Attribute parameter.

Embarassed? Moi? YES... absolutely.

Thank you very much @takashi, you absolutely ROCK!

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Don't worry, I also sometimes make similar mistakes ;-)