Solved

How to expose GIS domains as a published parameter

Badge

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a workbench for myself and others in my team to use to translate XMLs to a geodatabase. In this model I'm adding additional fields (than in the XML) to match our GIS SDE schema. I've imported the fields from SDE in Attribute Manager and mostly mapped their values from the XML. However for two of the fields, I want the user to enter a published parameter before running the script as these values are not contained in the XML. One of these fields has a domain set up in GIS. I would like the user to get the drop down from the SDE domain when entering the parameter.

Eg in the image below I want whoever runs the script to get a list of companies from our SDE domain rather than manually typing in the company name.

EG

Does anyone know if this is possible. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank for you time,

Anne

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 5 June 2019, 17:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

If you know what values they can be then you can create a parameter with the 'Choice (Multiple)' type. Then you can configure a drop down list. (this means that with each new domain added you will need to add it to the choice list which is pretty annoying)

If, however, you want to have this list be dynamic based on the other set parameters then I don't think that's possible. It's a great idea though and you should head over to the 'ideas' section and outline how you think this would look.
Badge

If you know what values they can be then you can create a parameter with the 'Choice (Multiple)' type. Then you can configure a drop down list. (this means that with each new domain added you will need to add it to the choice list which is pretty annoying)

If, however, you want to have this list be dynamic based on the other set parameters then I don't think that's possible. It's a great idea though and you should head over to the 'ideas' section and outline how you think this would look.

Thank you @virtualcitymatt Thats really helpful!