Question

Transfer values from Measures or Lists, to z-values in Coordinates?

• 6 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +12

OK, there must be an easy way to do this, so sorry for asking. o_O;

I have 3D polylines with z-values only on the start and end node coordinates. Using the MeasureOrZvalueInterpolator I have calculated measures for the z-values for the intermediate vertices, and with the MeasureExtractor I have also turned these into a list attribute.

Now, my question is - How can I transfer these values to the z-coordinate values of my intermediate vertices, so that my lines will be in "full 3D" for all coordinates?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Why not use a 3d Interpolator?

Badge +12

That is - of course - a very easy way of doing it! Thanks!

But there might be other situations where I like to replace a coordinate with a value from a list, and not having them interpolated. So the question is still valid - how can i transfer values from a list to a coordinate?
Userlevel 1
Badge +21

That is - of course - a very easy way of doing it! Thanks!

But there might be other situations where I like to replace a coordinate with a value from a list, and not having them interpolated. So the question is still valid - how can i transfer values from a list to a coordinate?

I would use python but this answer might be an alternative for you

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/74966/set-z-values.html

Badge +12

Thanks egomm, I had looked into that thread as well, but I couldn't figure how to get the values into the coordinates. For instance, what should I put as "Result attribute" and "Configuration Line"?

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Thanks egomm, I had looked into that thread as well, but I couldn't figure how to get the values into the coordinates. For instance, what should I put as "Result attribute" and "Configuration Line"?

You can leave them blank