Question

MSWordStyler - removal of column header where content type = Table

• 7 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I'm trying to determine how to remove the column header option when selecting Table as the content type in the MSWordStyler parameters. The reason for this ask is because I'm building a report and wanting to remove that blank space above my tables - since I'm not populating the header.

If there was a option for this, these reports would look more professional.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/mswordstyler.htm

Table Parameters

ClosedTable Style

ClosedWidth Units

OpenColumn Header

The header text for the particular column.

Format attribute set: msword_table_col_header

*****Optional - ? COLUMN HEADER *******

The header below is highlighted in grey.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @pwiles

I tried setting the format attribute msword_table_col_header to <null> and <missing> but was unable to remove the header row. I will file an enhancement request for allowing tables without header rows to be created.

One possible workaround of sorts would be to create one table instead of two so the empty rows from the table header can be minimized as only one header row is created. If multiple features are passed as inputs to the same table type MSWordStyler, then a multi-row table will be produced.

Another possible workaround is to use a paragraph with tabs for each line instead of a table. For this approach, a base Word document must be used. A Word style (I chose No Spacing but other styles are OK) is modified to have a left tab in the middle and an overhanging indent to accommodate the wrapped text seen in your example. Please note this approach will not work if the first column of data contain sentences that are long enough and needs to be wrapped.

Please see the attached workspace for examples to both these approaches multirowwordtable.fmwt