Solved

Use parameters in DatabaseJoiner

• 16 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

I noticed that I cannot use parameter values inside the DatabaseJoiner. Am I missing something?

An example:

When fetching a user parameter to use it is an attribute, the DatabaseJoiner joins another attribute from an excel file to my feature (upper part in the screenshot).

When using the user parameter directly to join attributes from an excel, the transformer parameter button shows red and there is not output. The user parameter has its property 'Attribute Assignment' set to 'Default'.

I found no relevant information on the forum or in the documentation of the DatabaseJoiner. Could anyone come up with a reason? The workaround using a ParameterFetcher solves the problem easily, but I was wondering why it is not possible to use a parameter directly.

I am using FME 2017.1.0.0 (Build 17539 - WIN64).

In the zip file you can find my example workspace and data.
icon

Best answer by takashi 16 November 2017, 11:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jneujens, I think the type of Feature Attribute parameter should be "Attribute Name", rather than "Choice". Try creating a new user parameter linking to the Feature Attribute column via the menu button within the parameter field.

See also the last row (To create a user parameter from an existing transformer parameter ) of the table in this page: Creating and Modifying User Parameters