Question

“Clipper” transformer fails to clip “polygons”,

Badge +5
“Clipper” transformer fails to clip “polygons”,

The workbench below converts lines to polygons and then it is assumed to clip the polygons based on another polygon (Boundary). After clipping, one of polygons is missed.

What might be the issue here?

The dwg file is stored in the location below

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6aam7yqka4hhb4/H88.dwg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi Jamal,

In my experiences, the Clipper sometimes doesn't work for ellipses. Similarly, there could also be cases where the Clipper doesn't work if polygon boundaries contain arcs as their parts. I feel it's a bug-like situation.

As a temporal workaround, try inserting an ArcStroker between the AreaBuilder and the Clipper.

But I would recommend you to contact Safe support to get more reasonable solution, sending your data and workspace so that the situation will be reproduced.

Takashi
Userlevel 5
Hi,

I can only confirm what Takashi is saying, the Clipper (as well as some other transformers) has known bugs when working on features with arcs. Unfortunately, some of these bugs are still present after many releases of FME...

I think the best course of action is to write Safe support and to be added to the list of those waiting for a fix for these issues. Hopefully that will give these bugs a higher priority.

David
Badge +5
Many thanks for the help.

Sure, I’ll be contacting the FME support to report this issue.

However, I followed the recommendations of Takashi and the results have been enhanced.

Badge +3
..or the objects are misaligned, broken etc.
Badge +5
Thanks Gio