Question

Sentinel 2 on AWS - How to define the date range from incoming attributes?

• 8 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello guys.

What i am trying to do is to get tiles from S2 on AWS inside FeatureReader. So far so good but i want to adjust the range of dates by incoming attributes from another input (eg. Excel table).

Start date is a specific date minus 5 days, and end date is the same specific date + 10 days. Everything seems ok till i click OK on the FeatureReader. Then i got this screen:

So in the end of the day i don't have the start/end date defined by the incoming attribute. Is this somehow possible because i don't want any manual inputs in this flow.

Thanks and keep safe!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @shantararam

You should definitely be able to specify the start and end dates dynamically (eg. from an attribute). I believe the difference is that you will not be able to generate an output port per feature type (eg. screenshot below). Instead, the features will be output from the Generic port.

This is due to FME being unable to read the schema since the attribute value is not available when generating the output ports for the FeatureReader. If you select Cancel in the dialog pictured in your second screenshot, you should be able to proceed.